[plug] Wireless router recommendations

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Wed Nov 16 14:14:08 AWST 2016

On 16/11/16 14:07, Thomas Cuthbert wrote:
> Brad, I'm currently using OpenWRT chaos calmer on my 1900.

Thanks Thomas. I sent Dad out to pick up a unit from Hardly Normal, so
I'll see when I get down there tonight what version/variant he has and
go from there.

The reviews seem to give it significantly better performance than the TP
link, but given the TP Link was about $60, some 5/6 years ago that's
hardly surprising.

I can migrate the dhcp/firewall/openvpn config across from the other
unit, so it should be a fairly simple upgrade.

Do you have any stability issues? I've seen people advocating scheduled
reboots (which I think is nuts).

Regards,
Brad