[plug] Wireless router recommendations

Thomas Cuthbert tcuthbert90 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:43:25 AWST 2016

I think i've had one major crash which wiped my configuration and caused it
to boot back into the linksys image (this was a while ago and I've since
done a few upgrades). I sometimes (very rare) have to reboot the router as
I lose wifi but that could just because of my macbook pro. My suggestion
would be to archive an encrypted copy of your configuration to your
personal FTP storage on your ISP or remote disk.

I barely scratch the sides in terms of mem/cpu utilisation but I'm not
doing heavy SSL VPN. I personally have it connected to Telstra Velocity
which gets handed to me via UTP/Cat5 PPPoE as well as a Fixed Wireless
Service which is similiar to NBN ie provisioned via DHCP. If you require
ADSL you will need to get a modem and attach it to one of the ethernet
ports I think.

Regards,

Thomas Cuthbert