[plug] Anybody spent any time with Qubes OS?

Richard Meyer meyerri at gardenshark.org
Tue Nov 29 18:39:02 AWST 2016

Hi all,

I stumbled across this interestingly different way of doing things
https://www.qubes-os.org/

It is an interface built on top of XEN that spins up and stops OSes as
you go - so you can have a "window" running work stuff and another
"window" running personal stuff, but they are actually different
instances of whatever you're running (including Windows), which are spun
up and stopped as required, with very little interaction - unless you
force it, of course.

I haven't tried it, but it looked like a novel approach.

--
Richard Meyer

As the ghost of a sceptic, I tend to stay pretty quiet.

Linux Counter user #306629