[plug] Installing a file

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Fri Dec 8 15:33:16 AWST 2017

"I have recently had a request to install the following file" - that
file could contain *anything*. Just because it is named
somethingsomething-teamviewer-somethingsomething, that is no reason to
trust it. If someone wants you to install a particular program, get it
from a reliable source, e.g. the URL that Oli provided - note the
https!

On 30 November 2017 at 10:55, Oli Hills <oli at deathbycomputers.co.uk> wrote:
> I would assume it's the remote connection software:-
> https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
>
> Only install if you want the person requesting install to have remote access to your computer.
>
> Oli

Gregory Orange