[plug] Sacrilege - running Linux on MacBook

Richard Meyer meyerri at gardenshark.org
Thu Jan 4 16:34:14 AWST 2018

Hi there,

I have succumbed to the Apple media machine and bought a second hand
MBPro off Fleabay - it's a nice machine, fairly snappy and so on and the
touchpad is great - keyboard not too bad either.

Anybody taken it to the next step and installed OFOS* on it yet?

I've used to magic of Google - mea culpa - should have used DDG, I know,
and found quite a lot, lots written by almost technical people.

Also Youtube has a lot - some of it total gibberish and others, full of
how to install as a VM.

I have booted from USB stick and messed around, but wasn't able to get a
network connection (WiFi)   (Kubuntu 16.04)

If I were to bite the bullet and go ahead and install, what are my
chances?

Thanks in advance.

*  OFOS - Our Favourite Operating System

--
Richard Meyer

As the ghost of a sceptic, I tend to stay pretty quiet.

Linux Counter user #306629