[plug] Video GNU/Linux in some tiny places

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jul 17 15:41:05 AWST 2018

Thanks, Chris! Slides and resources - see below.

Thinking I might pick up a Android HMD-Global Nokia 3 $90-$100 at
Coles/Woolworths to play with - not the fastest, but it has 2GiB RAM,
NFC and can run Android 8:

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/391443

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 09:52:33AM +0800, Paul Del wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> The video for Chris's talk on GNU/Linux in some tiny places is on line.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL8gEfwmOyM
>
> GNU/Linux in some tiny places by Chris McCormick. Modern user-space GNU
> tools and scripting languages on Android with Termux, and also the TinyCore
> Linux variant piCore running on a Raspberry Pi. We'll enumerate the fun
> capabilities that this combination can give us when used independently and
> in conjunction. Drive an LED by SMS for under a hundred bucks and discover
> what could be the world's cheapest robotics platform.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 03:57:12PM +0800, Chris McCormick wrote:
[...]
> I've put the materials from the talk up on GitHub.
>
> Feel free to mirror/modify or what have you.
>
> https://github.com/chr15m/gnu-linux-in-tiny-places-plug
> https://chr15m.github.io/gnu-linux-in-tiny-places-plug/
>
> Cheers,
> Chris.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal