[plug] More Trying to Install

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 20 17:33:04 AWST 2018

Hi,

I, too, am having a problem installing a printer.

I'm using 64-bit Linux Mint 18.3 and CUPS on a laptop.

CUPS detects the network printer.  I select it and use the default
Pass-through offered.  I'm using the same .ppd files that work on
another Mint 18.3 laptop.

After I click on the "Add Printer" button I get
   "Waiting for localhost" when I use Firefox.   It waits forever.
and
   an immediate 'page at "localhost:631" not found' when using Midori.

Odd, since I started cups with "localhost:631".

It would appear that my networking configuration is not up to scratch.

Am I missing something (besides a working mind)?

Thanks,
Jim