[plug] Stellarium - a stellar piece of software.

hatari hatari at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 27 18:53:03 AWST 2018

I recently loaded Stellarium onto my MX linux.

Tonight (morning of 28/7/2018) there will be a "blood moon" - a lunar eclipse.  This will be the longest lunar eclipse for the Century.

So I used the animated time-lapse effect on Stellarium to wind it forward through the eclipse period.  Blow me down, it showed the Moon dimming during the eclipse then brightening again afterwards.

Stellarium?  Stellar!!!

Congratulations to the Stellarium producers and team.  Wonderful!

Kind Regards to all.