[plug] Problem with video drivers for eepc 1000HE using ubuntu 16.04 LTS

David Buddrige d.buddrige at gmail.com
Mon May 28 19:27:42 AWST 2018

Hi all,

I have a rather old EEPC 1000HE laptop that I am trying to load up with ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

The problem is that I can’t get the laptop screen to work properly. It just displays garbled nonsense (exactly like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5khdj3c22t5vgb9/IMG_1873.JPG?dl=0 )

The thing is, the screen works fine if i plug in an external monitor (I can even do extended display using both screens). But if I boot the system without an external monitor, then I get the garbled screen as per the screenshot).

Has anyone got any thoughts on this - I’ve been trawling google for hours but with no luck so far)

thanks heaps for any suggestions

David

Sent from my iPhone