[plug] Problem with video drivers for eepc 1000HE using ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Tue May 29 11:17:39 AWST 2018

Perhaps try lowering the resolution? That's all I can think, in terms of
what I've seen with external TVs etc.

(Apologies for the top posting, grr Gmail...)

Andrew

(Re-replying to send to the list - admins has the Reply-To disappeared?)

On 28 May 2018 at 19:27, David Buddrige <d.buddrige at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a rather old EEPC 1000HE laptop that I am trying to load up with
> ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
>
> The problem is that I can’t get the laptop screen to work properly. It
> just displays garbled nonsense (exactly like this:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/5khdj3c22t5vgb9/IMG_1873.JPG?dl=0 )
>
> The thing is, the screen works fine if i plug in an external monitor (I
> can even do extended display using both screens). But if I boot the system
> without an external monitor, then I get the garbled screen as per the
> screenshot).
>
> Has anyone got any thoughts on this - I’ve been trawling google for hours
> but with no luck so far)
>
> thanks heaps for any suggestions
>
> David
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett