[plug] Port knocking (ish)

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 8 10:58:50 AWST 2018

Add two factor auth (e.g., google authenticator) for more security.

The port rate rules have been around for awhile and there are scans that
use a low rate of scanning (e.g., thousands of hosts to scan, but send
only one attempt an hour over months to each one - the only systems that
seem to pick that up are ones using large scale correlation across a lot
of sensors e.g., Cisco etc.)

fail2ban is a lot more tunable and flexible than simple iptables rules.

Bill K.