[plug] Installfest/Linux on Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 310

Didi Mudigdo didi at didi.com.au
Tue Jan 8 12:20:58 AWST 2019

Hi there, and Happy New Year!

I was wondering if PLUG has an upcoming 'installfest' event?

I have installed and used various Linux flavours on various Windows
7/Chromebook machines (Joli, Puppy, Lubuntu, Bodhi, Ubuntu, Gallium), but
installing Linux on my recently-acquired Windows 10 laptop (Lenovo Yoga 310
<https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/yoga/yoga-300-series/Lenovo-YOGA-310-11IAP/p/88YG3000736>)
has got me stumped.

I have followed instructions from various forums off the 'net, but none of
the procedures seem to work (when I boot off a Linux boot USB, the laptop
just freezes to a prompt and nothing happens).

I think it would be best if someone more experienced was watching over me
while I did it, to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Didi Mudigdo
github.com/dmudigdo