[plug] bank requires linux box be certified

Sen ectus senectus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:19:21 AWST 2019

Def sounds scammy to me. Typically banks will say "software requirements are X and X and X".
Then leave it up to you to setup Thier software on your machine...

Never heard them talk about "certifying" a customers machine... That would mean they take some responsibility for the security of your device ( arguably them certifying something means they are making a claim about it )... And I don't see them wanting to be responsible for customers devices.

Are you certain you're talking with a bank rep?

Did you call them from a number you sourced from their public website independently?