[plug] Looking for onsite assistance with a Debian system

Joe Aquilina joe at chem.com.au
Thu Feb 27 14:17:37 AWST 2020

Hello all.

Some of you may recall that I was after some help back in December with
a failed debian buster upgrade causing connectivity issues between our
various computers, and subsequently email issues.

Sadly that problem (those problems?) have not been resolved. We are
having issues reliably connecting to our email server on Digital Oceans,
and the whole email/SSH/SSL side of things are a bit of a mess. An
overnight file sync that is supposed to occur between the failed debian
machine here at work and another debian system offsite is currently not
happening due to whatever went wrong back when the upgrade failed. These
issues are all on our machines here at work. The offsite debian system
has no issues, other than the connectivity problem with the work
machine, and is reliably collecting emails from our Digital Oceans mail
server.

Trouble is, I am not experienced or knowledgeable enough to find and fix
our problems. I am self-taught which means my knowledge is not great and
very patchy.

We are wondering if there is anyone out there who might have the time to
come out and help us sort out the mess I seem to have landed us in, and
importantly to teach me during that process, so that I can learn enough
to be able to properly maintain our systems in the future. I have lost
track of how many things I have found and read on the net but it seems
that the more I read, the more confused I get.

This is of course is paid work. I don't know enough to be able to
estimate how long it might take - a more capable sysadmin than me would
have to do that. I would hope that it might only be a day or two but who
knows!?

If there is someone out there with the experience, knowledge and time to
come in and help us out, we would love to hear from you. Or perhaps
someone could suggest where else we might enquire to find someone who
could help us. The sooner the better of course - this has been going on
for quite a while now and we need something done as soon as possible.

Not sure what other information I can provide at this stage so feel free
to ask me any questions that help clarify where we are at and what we need.

Cheers.

Joe Aquilina

--
Joe Aquilina