[plug] Road trip, anyone? Fwd: [lca-announce] linux.conf.au 2020 - Ticket Sales Open]

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jan 5 10:57:08 AWST 2020

On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 02:48:43PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> [...] I'm weighing up the idea of a road trip - anyone else like the
> idea? Get in touch soon and let's talk.

Unfortunately, I've had to cancel my trip (sorry, Byron!).

Accomodation:
Would anyone like a spot, with Byron, in http://www.arubasands.com.au/ ?
  * Arrive / Depart 2020-01-11 -- 2020-01-23 (or part thereof)
  * Cost $600 each, but give me an offer
  * Apartments with facilities, not just a hotel room
  * One of the shortest walks to GCCEC
  * Email me or us, or call me
  * https://linux.conf.au/ ticket sales closing soon, starts in a week
    with introductions, then miniconferences

One hopes the roads will open up again soon, but it's cutting it too fine
for me at this point - especially if the next best route is via Broome,
Halls Creek, Tennant Creek...

 * I was hoping to get to the eastern states by the Great Central Road
   - which is closed due to flooding.
 * ...with a backup of the Nullabor and the Eyre Highway
   - which is closed due to fires.

Nick.
0419 957 011

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal