[plug] eduroam network

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Tue Mar 3 11:31:40 AWST 2020

On 2/3/20 10:11, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Lots of experience, but I normally remove NM and do wifi networking manually - less hassles that way!
>
> eduraom itself doesn't do the authentication - its the local node that connects you to the eduroam network so thats where you need to start - there are a lot of ways different host institutions do it so there is no "one way"
>
> This is Murdoch Uni's way from when I taught there last year - other institutions I have used ranged from open, wep through to having weird options!:
>
> network={
>          # Murdoch University EDUROAM
>          ssid="eduroam"
>          scan_ssid=0
>          proto=RSN
>          key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
>          eap=PEAP
>          identity="staff_no at murdoch.edu.au"
>          password="yaddayadda"
>          phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
>          priority=0
> }

Well, that was easy!
Put that in a config file with my credentials, ran wpa_supplicant from the command line and then had to run dhclient manually to pick up an address & gateway.

Posting this via the connection.

This looks like it will do exactly what I need it to do.

Many thanks for everyones input. Bad day when you don't learn something.

Regards,
Brad
--
An expert is a person who has found out by his own painful
experience all the mistakes that one can make in a very