[plug] Disk/partition/fs encryption

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Mon Mar 30 12:24:15 AWST 2020

On 30/3/20 11:49 am, Chris Hoy Poy wrote:
> If it's part of a general lockdown for your laptop, and you feel
> strongly enough to do that - don't forget the other stuff you probably
> want to do as well ...
>
> My team lead published this gem, it's what we use to haze new staff..
>
> https://github.com/lfit/itpol/blob/master/linux-workstation-security.md

Niiiiice.

It's always good to perform a realistic risk assessment also. While it's
nice to lock things down as hard as is possible, there is always a need
to balance security with usability.

No point securing the machine to a level designed to thwart state level
actors, when your only real risk is the meth-head family down the street
nicking your stuff.

--
An expert is a person who has found out by his own painful
experience all the mistakes that one can make in a very