[plug] unified communications recommendation

Paul Del p at delfante.it
Fri May 15 18:09:23 AWST 2020

Hello PLUG members,

I know there is many smart experienced people in our group. If anyone can
recommend what they think the best unified communication system is I would
be grateful.
I have read and looked at so many and now with covid there are so many
variants and forks of. (I might add yes PLUG is also looking for something
very similar to replace mumble:)
I do like the look and feel of Big blue button(thanks Nick),
Matrix/riot(thanks Martin), Rocket and Jitsi(thanks Harry)

The feature requirements are:
Very secure, end to end.
Messaging and Voice.
Open source(at least non commercial by the big companies)
Easy, simple and intuitive to use.
Can be paid, but must be low cost for the organiser.
Web based.

Optional features:
Video.
Document sharing collaboration.