[plug] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Buy Linux laptop

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Wed Oct 21 22:07:43 AWST 2020

I'll add my 2c worth.

I'm not sure if you specifically want a certified laptop, but I've been
using a Huawei Matebook X Pro for about a year now. It's a fantastic
laptop, 3K screen, good overall specs and as good looking as an apple, it's
pretty well supported by Linux (I'm running Fedora), probably the only
hardware that doesn't work is the fingerprint reader. The USB C/Thunderbolt
port works well with external monitors, and I've recently started using an
e-gpu for blender and it's also pretty stable. The Battery is good enough
for a whole days real work too.

Regards,

Euan.