[plug] Raspberry Pi audio in

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Mon Feb 22 11:34:40 AWST 2021

On 22/2/21 11:04 am, M S R Wood wrote:
> I wasn't very clear in my email. I already have a headset, which works
> with my current Linux PC. However to get audio input with a Raspberry
> Pi, an external sound card is required,
>
> The PiHut sells an Adafruit audio adaptor, but I've read that it is
> not recommended for microphone input (although it does have audio
> input). Has anyone used this?

G'day Margaret,

No, you were perfectly clear. As I said in my previous response, pretty much any USB-Audio device I've ever used has "just worked".
I've never had an issue with microphone inputs, but then maybe I've been lucky with the cheap-o dongles I've purchased.

Haven't bought one in a while, but here's the first search result I found :
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-2-0-to-3-5mm-mic-headphone-Jack-Stereo-Headset-3D-Sound-Card-Audio-Adapter/113797531674

I also have one that looks vaguely like this :
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/External-USB-Audio-Sound-Card-Adapter-7-1-Virtual-Channel-With-Cable-3-er-FT/133533939798

But having said that, given the age of mine the internals are likely completely different.

My point was, I can't recall ever plugging one in and it not working.

Regards,
--
An expert is a person who has found out by his own painful
experience all the mistakes that one can make in a very