[plug] Archiving / copying photos

Dave adogslife01 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 23 02:44:15 AWST 2021

Thanks for your reply.

Since my Email on the 16th, things have got a little worse.

The original enquiry was to ask for help in setting up a couple of programs that would put one step ,closer to getting out of Windows altogether.

Those programs are,  OANDA FX Trade, World Enigma Groups ENIGMA Emulator, and the World of Tanks game site.  All these have LINUX versions and  are supposed to be plug and play.

That was the original question, THEN!!!!    I forgot the LINUX password to access my LapTop. I had just completed an update and hadn't had time to document it, then promptly forgot it.

The next thing was that I helped a neighbour install Linux Mint 19 Cinnermim onto a replacement hard drive, He then promptly went and screwed up his ThunderBird Mail.

My suggestion to him now, is to re-install Liinux and start agaiin.  He hasn't been there long enough for him to have saved much, so I think this might be the only way.

I am running Mint 19 Cinnermin Tessa.

My interest in Linux started back in the 1980's when my son joined the Navy and got into UNIX. as a result of this I ran UNIX for quit a while untill he moved to Sydney and was no longer around to help out when I stuffed up. After that my interest in UNIX, Linux has never left.  Now my main aim in using Linux is to give Windows the flick.

I look fprward to your reply

David C.N. Orson

Merriwa

Western Australia