[plug] Kubumtu 20.0 CPU at 100% - Need help

Stefano spiv13 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 15:19:05 AWST 2021

Hello everyone,
I just learned about this group searching for Linux help in perth and
joined the group.

Samsung Ultrabook, 12Gb RAM, 32GB Ssd, 500GB HDD.
Running Kubuntu 20.04.
Suddenly CPU is 100% and 'dconf-service' uses more and more memory up to
using 11.TGB RAM, then the Computer becomes unresponsive.
If I stop 'dconf-service'I can access the Terminal.

The OS is installed on the SSD and all my files are on the HDD.

If I boot via the USB installation drive, can read through all the drives
(SSD, HDD, external 1T HDD etc) but have not been able to do a proper full
bacup.

I do not understand must of the OS and I need some help to fix the problem
or get a full backup before I re-install Kubuntu.

I would consider a donation for some help.

Keep smiling

Stefano
+61 478 916 411  (AU)