[plug] Fwd: Dead Ubuntu

Byron Hammond byronester at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:27:37 AWST 2021

Ok. So there are a few possibilities...

Either you have some problems with your hardware.
Or the newer software is incompatible with the hardware.
This second option would lead me to believe drivers are a problem.

Let's investigate a bit more though...

When you boot of the USB, during the boot process (after menu selection)
you should be able to press escape and view the startup messages. Any
errors or problems here are worth noting.

If you are able to get to the desktop you can review the log files in
/var/log
Also if you run `dmesg` in a terminal that will provide some useful info.
Again, your looking for errors.

I'd also wonder if you created a Ubuntu 14.04 boot USB and if that worked
or not. If it does I think that strengthens the case for it being a
software problem (likely driver issue) with the newer Ubuntu versions.

Best of luck