[plug] Static web site creator

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Sat Dec 31 11:11:12 AWST 2022

G'day All,

Merry Christmas and hope you all have a banger of a new year.
I've always built web sites from scratch using Bluefish as an editor and banging out html.
I'm a bit over it if I'm honest, and this coming year I have a few personal projects I'd like to tackle that will require web pages that don't look like they're a Geocities export from 1997.

I really, really want to stick with statics. I'm over databases, php, wordpress and the constant merry-go-round of vulnerabilities.
Does anyone have personal experience with one or more builders in the WYSIWG kind of sense that create output that can be just uploaded to a directory and doesn't link in thousands of library css and js templates that take a month to load on an NBN connection?

Of course, preference for open source and Linux if possible, but if the tool is right I'm not above running proprietary software I have to pay for in a Windows VM.

Regards,
Brad