[plug] Static web site creator

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sat Dec 31 13:43:52 AWST 2022

At the moment my best solution for this is to host an instance of WordPress
in a Docker container on your local workstation.

Use it to maintain the website.

Once you've happy, start the publish process which extracts the site using
something like "wget --mirror". There are plugins that are supposed to do
this, but I've never got them to work.

Put that into a git repository on your drive and using the webhook for
commit (or push if you prefer that semantic) use "aws s3 sync" to put it
into an S3 bucket.

If the load isn't stupid, you can host it directly from the bucket,
otherwise put cloudfront in front of it.

I've not (yet) got it all automated, but it's getting there.

Hope this helps.

finger painting on glass is an inexact art - apologies for any errors in
this scra^Hibble

()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..