[plug] pushd and popd

Juneidy j at awesomest.me
Thu Jan 20 13:06:37 AWST 2022

Hi guys,

I first heard about `pushd` and `popd` from Alistair long time ago and never really seriously thought about how to use it from my day to day work. The closest I have used daily is `cd -`.

Then a conversation in office lead to someone talking about `pushd` and `popd` again.

I wonder if anyone here used `pushd` and `popd` frequently? What sort of navigation would you use that for?

The best example someone in office told me is if you are following source code's function call and does not have terminal multiplexer like GNU screen, `pushd` is good if you want to check other source code containing the function definition and you can navigate back to the calling source code directory just by calling `popd`.

Regards,
Juneidy