[plug] Semi OT: linux friendly security cameras

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 15 11:57:49 AWST 2022

Hi, Google isn't helping much so I am hoping someone here has expertise in this.  I would like to get a security camera(s) that doesn't send everything to the cloud or china.  Prefer wifi, should be 1080 resolution, can be fully accessed from Linux (I currently do not have a working windows install) and can be made compatible with homeassistant.

Or

Is something like an esp32 camera module viable/usable? I already use some esp32's for other projects and if the camera modules are suitable this might be the best solution - anyone tried this?
BillK