[plug] Sobering read on the reality of open source software development

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Tue Mar 22 07:12:29 AWST 2022

Hi Yuchen,

My point around those platforms was around my content being used to
advertise to others. Their search indices integrate my content, as they do
for all content they hoover up.

With that, they then present "relevant advertising" to people who search
for things that I'm answering with my content.

I see none of that revenue, neither does anyone else.

Not to mention, Google maps and reviews where my updates and reviews helps
everyone else, but I don't see a dime.

Corporate surveys are another.

My point being that my (and anyone else who does this) content goes
unrewarded.

--
finger painting on glass is an inexact art - apologies for any errors in
this scra^Hibble

()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..