[plug] More: USB-C multi-port dock

Rob Phillips r.phillips at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 22 20:08:38 AWST 2022

G'day

In December, I posted about USB docking stations.

I received several helpful responses, which enabled me better to
research the options.

I eventually purchased an Alogic Universal Twin HD Docking Station from
Harvey Norman.

It took almost 3 months to receive this product, which is why I can only
report my observations now.

There were serious technical problems with the product, which includes a
DisplayLink chip to manage the potential two external HDMI monitors.

It installed easily on my Linux computer. However, when I used the dock
with an external monitor, the mouse became very 'laggy' and was almost
impossible to use. Luckily, I had an HDMI port on my laptop and I could
use this.

Nevertheless, the dock serves its function to provide multiple USB ports
and an ethernet connection.

I hope this is helpful to other members.

Cheers

Rob