[plug] Sobering read on the reality of open source software development

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Thu Mar 24 21:22:17 AWST 2022

Hi Chris,

It's an interesting idea and I really hope you get some traction with
it. It may just kill two birds with one stone - helping people derive
extra value from FLOSS by putting money towards it, and the projects get
a little bit of funding too. Heck, if anyone kicks off about it enough
with "but it's (F|f)ree, why should I have to pay" the conversation
might lead somewhere even better.

Greg.

--
Gregory Orange