[plug] Intel igb module issues

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 13 19:32:24 AWST 2023

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 07:15:56PM +0800, Dean Bergin wrote:
> Debian GNU Linux 12.4
> Kernel: 6.1.66-1 (2023-12-09)

That is the current Debian "bookworm" 12 kernel version, as listed at:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/linux

[...]
> It definatelty smells like a bug, but what I'm ultimately seeking
> assistance with how I can find what version the bug may have been fixed in
> and what options are available to avoid me having to install and use Ubuntu 22.04?

It's quite straightforward to build your own kernel package - you could
go for the latest release, which is indeed version 6.6.6!
https://kernel.org/
6.6.6 	2023-12-11 https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v6.x/linux-6.6.6.tar.xz
https://www.debian.org/doc//manuals/debian-handbook/sect.kernel-compilation.html

However, you can also quickly test a "backports" kernel: 6.5.10-1~bpo12+1
https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal