[plug] Linux workshop for noobs

Didi Mudigdo didi at didi.com.au
Thu Mar 30 18:06:27 AWST 2023

Hi there,

I'll be running a 1-hour workshop 1 pm Wed 12th April @ South Perth
Learning Centre on installing Linux on your old computer, please spread the
word if you know some noobs who would be interested in this:

"Don't throw out your old laptop just yet, most of the time you just need
to give it an alternative operating system! Replace your Windows OS/Mac OS
with Linux, a modern community-driven operating system that can run on very
low hardware resources (e.g. a mere 1 GB RAM, with a 16 GB hard drive), and
bring your old laptop back to life. Come to this 1-hour workshop to see
Linux in action, rejuvenating computers up to 15 years old. If you bring
your old laptop you can follow along as we also demonstrate step-by-step
the process of installing Linux."

Sign up:
https://classmanager.com.au/cbin/admin.php?Action=courses&single_course_id=1927&organisation_name=splc&from=org_home

Thank you!

Didi

PS: I've installed various Linux distros on various computers since 2011,
but this will be my first time running this workshop, so any tips/pointers
from your experience on showing noobs how to install/use Linux will be most
appreciated :)