[plug] A site visit to DUG

Harry McNally harrymc at ieee.org
Fri Jul 26 19:04:27 AWST 2024

Hello PLUG people

IEEE has a site visit to DUG and there are still some places available (see
below). If you are involved in data centres or all things in the cloud this
may be of interest to you. Please RSVP by Monday and I can extend the
numbers for catering. I will contact you back to advise we have been able
to fit you in :-)

All the best
Harry

-------------------

If you are having trouble reading this message, click here
<https://enotice.mmsend.com/link.cfm?r=GdyoIEMbwX2_ItrD6mRetg~~&pe=3Lbyk05gVwRmQihono-t86f5Tr7GtLhx_W1HUn42At2t_F7xpqAGxXMEItst_SBLcBt-BOWkSc6mNtcvJ8AGFw~~&t=_Jwme_m_P3pfOj0lgmNegw~~>
for the web version.

*Event title*: Industry visit to DUG HPCaaS facility in West Perth

*Organising OU:* WA Chapter

*Date and time of the event*: 6.00 to 7:30 pm on Tuesday 30th July 2024

*Speaker(s)*:

Marie Smyth, BD HPC Solutions, DUG

Sebastian Schnaidt, Delivery Manager, DUG

*Registration*:

Places are limited by the venue size. Please RSVP by COB Friday 26th
to *harrymc at ieee.org
<harrymc at ieee.org>* with your IEEE membership details.

This is an IEEE members event and requires seat reservation. Non-members
are welcome to attend subject to seat availability; please RSVP and we can
advise that we have a place for you when RSVP close.

*Registration fee*: No

*Who can attend*: IEEE Members and non-members (subject to availability)

*Venue or link to online meeting*: DUG, Ground Floor, 76 Kings Park Road,
West Perth

*Abstract*:

DUG are innovators in the design, installation, and deployment of high
performance computing using their proprietary immersion cooling technology.

*https://dug.com/dug-cool/
<https://enotice.mmsend.com/link.cfm?r=GdyoIEMbwX2_ItrD6mRetg~~&pe=_se7x455XpJuuhK_-llneUfTZlAH2XUjjbmtZvQgURbhZk7YIIKlU55y8j3o273LZfHd4hk3ivlMwA1foQUrxw~~&t=_Jwme_m_P3pfOj0lgmNegw~~>*

Designed and developed in their Perth office, the technology is now
deployed at five facilities globally. DUG also manufactures modular server
systems for fixed and mobile supercomputing.

Please join this industry visit to learn about the immersion technology
developed by DUG and the operating and economic benefits of their server
farm efficiencies for DUG and their clients.

Marie Smyth will welcome us and introduce DUG systems and services.

Sebastian Schnaidt will conduct a supercomputer facility tour and explain
the immersion system.

Light refreshments will be served and will provide a forum for further
questions about the facility and DUG services. Please advise if you have
dietary requirements.

*Presenter's Bio:*

*For further information contact: RSVP to harrymc at ieee.org
<harrymc at ieee.org>*