[plug] A new laptop kit without windows

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed May 29 22:18:34 AWST 2024

On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 05:53:04PM +0700, John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
> If you can't buy a new laptop without windows, what about a laptop kit?
> Ozbargain posted a i7 12700H kit for $649. No RAM or SSD, but the other
> Cons are Pros round here:  No Windows, and the dedicated 12GB GPU is Intel
> ARC rather than Nvidia.  -- https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/848195
>
> (Linux also seems to have decent support for this kit:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Intel_NUC_X15 )

That's a nice find - must mean their 2x RAM and 2x storage slots are
easily accessible! Plus 2.5GbE and Thunderbolt 4? They might be out of
stock now, but hopefully they'll be back or matched elsewhere.

(must've been their "BONUS 1.5 Metre Australian GPO to PC IEC C13 240V
AC Power Cable PN RC-3078AU ONLY WHILE STOCKS LAST!" kettle plug promo that did it:
https://www.computeralliance.com.au/intel-nuc-x15-15.6-i7-laptop-kit-bac71hbbu6000
)

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal