[plug] A new laptop kit without windows

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Fri May 31 09:58:51 AWST 2024

I am very happy with my Framework laptop (https://frame.work).

They sell either Pre-built laptops with Windows or as DIY laptops. The DIY
version requires minimal setup - basically put in your own RAM and HDD, and
comes without Windows.

Their specs are pretty up to date and there's a lot of effort put into
upgradability and re-use.

I don't recall what I paid for mine, it's fairly high end, but for the
specs it worked out cheaper than any competitor product with the same specs.

The Linux support is good and even the fingerprint reader works. All the
external ports are all plug and play so you can change your ports at will
between USB, HDMI networking etc.

PS - dbrand also supports skins on these laptops...

Regards,

Euan.