[PLUG-AV] Fwd: Re: Camera availability/fading/GStreamer.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Apr 14 23:38:39 WST 2011

Coooool. Will try this.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Camera availability/fading/GStreamer.
Date: 	Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:23:12 +0200
From: 	Odin <odin.omdal at gmail.com>
To: 	dvswitch development discussions
<dvswitch-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
CC: 	James Bromberger <james at rcpt.to>

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:01 AM, James Bromberger <james at rcpt.to> wrote:
> Similarly before the thoera encode, I was contemplating how to get a
> "news ticker" (slashdot/register headlines?), and/or clock rendered...

I'm rendering text on top of the video before I send it out here;

https://gitorious.org/errantia/master/trees/master/production

I'm using gstreamer for the theora encoding, because it uses the CPU
more effectively than ffmpeg2theora+oggfwd.

This postprocessing works nice, you can do something similar for
newsticker and/or clock. Just look an sub.py.

I run the whole system like this:

dvsink-command -- ./errantia_prod.sh

(you need to fill out an  errantia.conf  file with your settings first)

--
Beste helsing,
Odin Hørthe Omdal <odin.omdal at gmail.com>