[PLUG-AV] DV over USB?

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:45:54 WST 2011

I'm fairly sure as stated by Jason, that most of the "DV over USB"
cameras are webcams.
I think some high quality webcams would actually be ok given that we'd
be scaling the content down. The most important content visually is
what's displayed on the screen. Then the audio is next most important.

Tim

On 18 April 2011 15:28, Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au> wrote:
>> Anyone got any experience with this? Anyone got time to do some research?
>> What model would we buy now (new) for this?
>
> Scanning through that list (http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/) the only proper
> video cameras are the Panasonic models (related to mine, all out of production)
> but they also have firewire out so it doesn't even matter... The rest
> appear to be
> webcams of sorts.
>
> I do have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 so we could potentially hook it into the
> mix, it'd work as a fixed position camera (e.g. facing the audience) as it lacks
> zoom or a tripod mount (as with all webcams).
>

> Jason

Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia