[PLUG-AV] av last night & future workshop

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Jul 13 15:18:54 WST 2011

Hey Guys,

You should have seen my msg to the list.

In short the failure last night was due to:

1. relying on James
2. relying on Jason (and I wasn't there until 6:45 thanks to the crashes on
the Kwinana fwy)
3. no documentation
4. continued audio issues

All 4 of these are easily solved with a bit of effort and hence the need for
a workshop. I think it'd be best to include James so that means sometime
after Fri 22nd but before the next meeting.

Last night I actually documented the whole process on AV2 but it needs to be
verified and it would be good to automate bits if possible and otherwise
make it more bullet proof. It also doesn't cover verifying the streaming is
actually working.

The audio is an ongoing problem but at least I worked out how to get it
coming in on AV2 now (and it's in the docs). We really need something to
deal with the poor levels though so hopefully the mixer James is bringing
back from the US will do that for us.

Here is my list of things we need to do in the workshop - please add your
suggestions too:

- label high-res screen for AV2 (and as the DVswitch host)
- docs: add steps to verify streaming is working
- verify entire process as documented and time it from
pile-of-stuff-out-of-car to recording.
- ensure print-out of process is included in kit

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857