[PLUG-AV] big thanks for last night

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:08:09 WST 2011

Yeah looked very much like a PSU in AV1, smelt funny, looked cheap (the PSU
is the one place you don't want to go cheap), wasn't posting and no initial
flash of the keyboard lights on power up. Tried a bios reset + reseating
memory etc.

I think having the right equipment, that is all consistent, removing the on
fly changes will go a long way to sorting out the issues we had last night.
I'm fairly confident we could script a lot of the manual command running we
have to do during setup as well (I have some ideas). Ideally the AV boxes
could be headless. Plug in network, plug in power, switch on and walk away.

Overall a very enjoyable night and I'm glad we managed to keep things moving
along even with hiccups along the way.

Leon
--
DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

# cat /dev/mem | strings | grep -i cats
Damn, my RAM is full of cats... MEOW!!