[PLUG-AV] rusty talk downloads

Luke John luke.john at osmahi.com
Fri Oct 14 15:18:49 WST 2011

I like the idea of uploading to YouTube. the current length limit on
videos is 15 minutes for regular users, at this length it should be
viable to split the videos into parts.

Alternatively PLUG may be eligible to register for Googles nonprofits
program http://www.youtube.com/nonprofits?info_lang=au which would
allow PLUG to upload the videos without splitting them, and also brand
the YouTube pages.

The page lists the following requirements and benefits:

  Organisations applying for the Nonprofit program must meet the
following criteria.

    Must be institutions or funds that have either been endorsed as
such in Australia by the Commissioner of Taxation, or prescribed as
charitable instituions in the Income Tax Assessment Regulations of
1997, to be considered for the program
    May not be religious or political in nature
    May not be focused primarily on lobbying for political or policy change
    Commercial organisations, credit-counseling services, donation
middleman services, fee-based organisations, universities, and
nonprofit portals are not eligible for the program

  Program Benefits

    Premium branding capabilities and increased uploading capacity
    Listing on the Nonprofit channels and the Nonprofit videos pages
    Ability to add a Call-to-action overlay on your videos to drive campaigns
    Posting a video opportunity on the YouTube Video Volunteers
platform to find a skilled YouTube user to create a video for your
cause.

Kind Regards
Luke John