[PLUG-AV] Cameras : getting urgent now.

Si. thedigitaldealer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:11:39 WST 2011

Hello,

Simon here, you may remember me from such events as Carl Gherardi's talk on
IPV6 and ... well ... just that really.    Carl told me about your quest to
outfit yourselves with a nice multi-camera mobile streaming /
recording system and i'd like to throw my hat into the ring by suggesting
the following.

   1. Video feed via Sony Camcorder with composite out or HDMI out. - $499
   - http://www.sony.com.au/product/hdr-cx130e (I have one of these if you
   want to play with it)
   2. Capture to PC/MAC via USB 3.0 device. - $199 -
   http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/models/ (I want one
   of these if you're looking to woo me into your group)

I would also like to bring your attention to the following products.

   - H.264 Pro Recorder -
   http://www.blackmagic-design.com/au/products/h264prorecorder/techspecs/
   - HDMI to HD-SDI Converter -
   http://dveo.com/broadcast-systems/HDMI-to-HD-SDI-converter.shtml
   - DirectLink 4K -
   http://www.blackmagic-design.com/au/products/decklink4k/

I also have a GOPRO HD
HERO<http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-motorsports-hero-camera/>& a GOPRO
HD HERO2 <http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero2-motorsports-edition/> if you
want to experiment with some different cameras.  They will require the USB
3.0 capture device previously recommended.

You can also go a little crazy and get hardcore by taking your video feeds
into a mixing desk like the Roland VR-5
<http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VR5/> and
output it via a converter to a Linux box.

*Sony Camera/s > HDMI-to-HD-SDI-converter/s > Mixing desk > USB 3.0 Capture
device > Linux Box *

Any Questions?

--
Simon