[PLUG-AV] AV Keep on Plugging (SWIDT)

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Dec 6 16:46:17 WST 2011

On 6/12/2011 4:25 PM, Si. wrote:
> Pluggers,
>
> In addition to the black magic hardware
> <http://www.blackmagic-design.com/au/products/intensity/> I have
> previously mentioned for the live video recording, switching, and
> streaming solution I'd like to bring your attention to AVTake's
> Cutfour HD 3.5 <http://avtake.com/cutfourhd.asp>.   A complete
> software video mixing desk fully compatible with the black magic
> hardware. Sadly its a Windows 7 product but i'm hoping there is
> a Linux equivalent.
>
> I'm really keen to brainstorm designs & crunch numbers on feasibility
> based off of technical specs & requirements of hardware and
> software.  Is there anyone interested in getting together to spend
> sometime on a few system design's?

Heh - the Linux equivalent is DVSwitch. That's what we're using now.
It's possibly bit more basic than Cutfour, but you're welcome to extend it.

Interestingly, it supports "up to four inputs". I don't know if there is
a limit with dvswitch.... :)

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>