[PLUG-AV] Moodle video review

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Feb 15 14:56:35 WST 2012

> We need to setup a better process for starting all the services, and a
> means to actually monitor in realtime what is being recorded/streamed.

Yeah that was always the intent once things stabilized a bit but that
hasn't happened yet thanks to changing equipment, flaky software (i.e. fw
dying / needing human fixing), software updates, and boxes breaking :(
Still, we can probably do better.

It would be nice with some more reliable equipment - James any progress on
the grant!??!?!?!

> Also the alsa capture script needs to be reworked to always use the
> correct device. We can configure alsa to force the internal card to always
> get a fixed id, our usea name based lookup.

Ah this may have been caused by having the USB headset plugged in at boot?
Unfortunately it seems to bump the onboard USB audio...

> I have a few ideas that I'll try and develop further, but I'd welcome any
> suggestions. James I may want to grab the av2 box and a camera for a bit to
> try out some stuff. I'll give you a call later on that.

I don't think the setup process etc... has been updated since I last
touched it. I think that's the place to start and then we can look at ways
to automate bits. http://www.plug.org.au/projects/video/setupprocedure

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857