[PLUG-AV] trial at video intro/exit screens

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Mar 16 17:43:16 WST 2012

OK came up with a cheaty way to do it via cmd line, here's an update:

http://permietech.com.au/direct/test-2.mp4

What i do is take the first 1 second of talk footage into images, so 25
images using ffmpeg. I also have a starting image which is the last part of
the intro clip (mostly white with top/bottom black bars - static png file).
Then I loop over the images and use imagemagick with to dissolve (fade)
from the intro clip 100% -> 0%. I actually use the 25 images in reverse
order so it appears to still be moving video which syncs nicely to the
start of the real video. No audio during this 1 second though. Then I use
ffmpeg to take the resulting blended images to create 1 second of DV video,
which I then use in the final encoding and just put it in between the intro
clip and the first talk clip.

--
Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au