[PLUG-AV] Spending the Grant: Mumble session, tomorrow, 7:30pm.

Carl Gherardi carl.gherardi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 10:47:17 WST 2012

> Laptops
> We've been looking at Laptops with both ExpressCard and USB3, and that's
> lead us to the Dell Vostro 3550. I've had a slew of issues with Dell's I've
> used before, and other comments about ExpressCards "popping out"
> unexpectedly may be an issue. DO we want to keep the USB3 requirement for
> future expansion, or do we want to drop back to a laptop with on-board
> firewire? What about another vendor?

The company I work for has a corporate agreement with Dell. I'd
previously had a lot of issues with their laptop hardware, but i've
had a lot less in the last 3 years.

If you avoid the flashy looking products and stick with the business
models (Latitudes) you should be ok.

My personal preference has always been the Thinkpads fwiw.

Carl G