[PLUG-AV] Audio options.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon Apr 23 16:30:33 WST 2012

On 23/04/2012 4:04 PM, Euan de Kock wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Can we talk about the microphones this evening. I think we can drop
> down the shure range a bit. Maybe the PG or PGX range.
>
> Speak to you tonight,

That's true; the PGX is VHF, which is more prone to interference and
less compatible with parallel systems. The recommendation for the
receiver to transmitter is 5m or less; not a problem if we're parking
the receiver under the presenters table and connected to the XLR snake!
The microphone option may remain the same; the saving becomes $100 for
the PGX reciever and bodypack, and the equivalent PGX handheld is $165
cheaper. But we've saved more than that on the mixer, boundaries, and
laptops. Hence I'm all for getting the good kit for the extra $265! ;)

But we'll discuss tonight over a nice drink. :)

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>