[PLUG-AV] Fwd: Perth Meta Meetup Wednesday 1st Aug.

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Aug 8 10:58:11 WST 2012

Hey Bret,

Any thoughts on the lip-sync issue?

I don't think we've really come across this before and as it's not a fixed
offset, i.e. it increases over time, i can't just compensate for it. This
is the first time we've encoded using 2-channel stereo vs mono audio. I can
try to re-encode with mono and see if that's better.

Also sometimes with audio sync issues they reset themselves if you seek, so
if I jump to 40mins+ it doesn't really seem bad (approx 100ms off), on the
other hand if I watched a full 40mins perhaps it drifts quite a lot...

I will post links to the mono encodings when complete/uploaded.

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857