[PLUG-AV] More (was: Re: oh noes)

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Aug 15 14:44:34 WST 2012

On 15/08/12 09:50, James Bromberger wrote:

> No, alsa stream and dvswitch started from cmd line as menu hadnt started
> -and VU appeared to be behaving in reaction to audio.
>
> I just downloaded and seeked through - didnt even hear audio at start....

Another thought ..

James and I discussed my monitoring of the audio at the audio desk vs.
plucking the audio from the stream to check levels. Is it possible to do the
equivalent of tail -f on the dv file to check audio (and even video ?) without
hammering the HDD ? (suggested by an uninformed AV participant).

Harry