[PLUG-AV] [plug-ctte] [Committee] GovHack 2015: 3 - 5 July - Request for AV Support

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 01:17:39 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Tim Sondalini <sondalini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Luke: I remember that miscommunication and I apologise. You'll be glad to
> hear we've kicked the idea of using Google Hangouts to stream the national
> stuff. We're still looking to do a bit of recording on Friday and Sunday.
> The recording of the event, even if uploaded at a later date is immensely
> valuable. We'd love to stream the launch and close, the problem is that
> bandwidth has been an issue within the Spacecubed space. At least it was
> when we tried last time.

A new router was fitted late last year (Juniper SRX210), it will be more
than capable dealing with the load. I believe they've run a number of
events and not experienced any issues. It's a 50/50 Amcom ethernet link, so
bandwidth really shouldn't be a problem.

The problem was never bandwidth, just the shear amount of sessions their
poor little consumer router was trying to route!

Leon
--
DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

# cat /dev/mem | strings | grep -i cats
Damn, my RAM is full of cats... MEOW!!