[PLUG-AV] Testing UberTally (was: Re: Progress on UberTally, Re: Tally SN0002 and SN0003 complete)

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Sep 13 16:11:47 AWST 2022

Hi Nick and AV

On 12/9/22 21:16, Harry McNally wrote:
> Hi Nick

<snip>
> Those new images I sent should be more forgiving with the protocol but I
> haven't dropped OpenWRT on the Pi3 yet to try it there.
>
> I am going to add code to use a PWM to adjust the big red LED brightness as
> a precursor to using one in an EMC lab for an IEEE site visit.
>
> I may put a long wire on the LED on one of the units too so it radiates more
> and gives us something interesting to look at.
>
> We will do an immunity test with the human discharge probe to see if it
> survives. it is typically a destructive test and I am thinking the board may
> need one more component; a two circuit TVS designed to stop the discharge
> going into the USB port. The nasty test will tell us if is needed.
>
> It is turning out to be a useful board to do various things. If I have to
> re-spin the board I will try to make it accept standard USB and USB-C
> connectors also.

Well, here's an awkward question. Harry McDonald (the other Harry Mc), chair
of IEEE WA Section has asked if lab space is limited to 10 attendees, could I
create a webinar ? Then I thought ..

Is broadcasting from the EMC labs in Bassendean something that PLUG AV would
tackle ? It is a bit circular, PLUG AV webinar broadcast of testing the PLUG
AV UberTally but there you go.

Did I read BBB is out to lunch at the moment ? I this is fixable, let me know
if AV people could/would do this and we can consider some more.

All the best
Harry